Answered By: Dean Riley Last Updated: Jan 07, 2016 Views: 149
- Adobe: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop -
- CPS (for Education students) - helps create standards-based questions.
- NCLEX-RN (nursing practice tests) - The library no longer has the program loaded onto individual computers. You need to go to: Testing & Education Reference Center. It has NCLEX testing available from the web site.
- MS Office Suite
- TestLaunch (for Education students)
- MATLAB/MAPLE (math) - MAPLE is available on Library PC#3 and #5. MATLAB will soon be installed on all library computers. It is also loaded on several lab computers in the H204 lab. In the near future, it will be available by virtual login so if you are signed up for a class that uses it, when you login to any HBU kiosk laptop, classroom computer, or lab computer, you will automatically have the software you need on your desktop for use!
- Inspiration - For visual mapping, outlining, writing and making presentations. Brainstorm ideas, structure your thoughts and visually communicate concepts to strengthen understanding with the Diagram and Map Views. To take notes, organize information, and structure writing for plans, papers and reports, use the integrated Outline View to focus on main and supporting ideas and to clarify thinking in written form. With Inspiration's Presentation Manager, transform your diagrams, mind maps and outlines into polished presentations that communicate ideas clearly and demonstrate understanding and knowledge. (on all computers.
Many have asked if other programs are installed in the library. If you do see it on the list above, then we do not have it. In almost all cases, the reason we do not is due to licensing issues and associated costs. If you have special issues and needs pertaining to math software, availability times, etc., please contact the Math Department at (281) 649-3347.
The Math Lab has Maple.
(NOTE: These are the last known locations of where specific software is loaded.)
- SPSS Installation Location: H204 Lab Computer #17, #24 (There may be additional PCs available with SPSS.) We highly recommend that you plan ahead your SPSS work. The lab hours are 8:00AM-8:30PM on Monday-Thursday and 8:00 am - 4:30 on Fridays. It is NOT open on weekends!
- Maple Software (math) Location: H204 #25 & #26
- Mini Tab/MatLab (math) Location: H204 #28 & #29
- WMLSR - Location: H204 #27
- III NU - Location: H204 #27
- KABC II ASSIST - Location: H204 #27
- Excel Miner - It is an add-in for Microsoft Excel which the School of Business intensively uses in the Business Analytics course. The School of Business purchased 30 licenses for it, 24 of which are installed in ATWD II 201, two are installed on instructors’ office computers, and four are installed in the computer lab. The software is installed on four computers in the computer lab located on the second floor of the Hinton building.
- TExES - Texas Examinations of Educator Standards Practice Tests. Location: H204 (two computers)
(NOTE: This is subject to changes. License reductions may reduce the available workstations or it could be re-assigned to another lab. For additional questions, please contact ITS at 281-649-3410.)