Answered By: Dean Riley Last Updated: Dec 16, 2015 Views: 36
1. Wait for the VMware Horizon app to finish installing (1-3 minutes).
2. If a login screen does not appear, add VDI.HBU.EDU as the server name.
3. At the login screen, login just like any HBU computer.
4. Choose Library VDI Pool.
5. The VDI pool will launch Windows 7.
6. Use the laptop just like any HBU Computer!
7. Printing: Go to https://myprint.hbu.edu and upload your document. (Check your balance while you're there!)
8. Logging off: Click the Start button, then click Logoff.
9. Disconnect message appears. Click OK.
10. At VDI Pool screen, click the unplug icon.
11. Return to kiosk.
For problems: use the phone by the printer or on the front column on the first floor of the library and call ITS since the laptops must remain in the library.
NOTE ABOUT FLASHDRIVES: Be aware that the usb port for flashdrives on laptops will NOT work. We recommend that everyone go to http://cloud.hbu.edu and sign-in with your HBU credentials and use the OneDrive option. It has 1 terabyte of space available (much more than public option). To put in perspective, 1 terabyte = 1000 gigabytes. Also, it is private (Dropbox, etc., are not because the client syncs to any new computer and keeps whatever is stored there).
Additional Laptops: Six additional laptops are available for checkout in the ASC.
Printing: Go to https://myprint.hbu.edu in order to upload your document. Select LIBSTU or LIBSTU-Color ($0.46 per page for color). Check your balance before printing.