Answered By: Dean Riley Last Updated: Jun 15, 2016 Views: 11
If you search "event management" (alone, without ethics) in HBU OneSearch, you will not see many items. I recommend the following:
- There are some useful resources. Some of them are digital. Visit the How to Download Ebooks LibGuide to see how to set up your smartphone or tablet.
- Look in the bibliography of the articles you have found for references to books. Come back to our home page and click the Library Catalog box and search to see if we have the book.
- I also recommend using http://worldcat.org or http://worldcat.org/m (for smartphones or tablets or phablets). Search for your books. Click on the title of a book of interest. Scroll down a little bit and you will see a list of libraries. Change the zip code to your home zipcode or 77074 for HBU. It will show the libraries that carry that book nearest to your location.
- If you find a book that we do not have (we will be first or second on the list in most cases if we have the item), then you can request the book on InterLibrary Loan or come to the reference desk and request a TexShare card. Just show your HBU ID card to the librarian and we will gladly get a card for you. If you need to request something from Rice, be aware that they do not accept the cards. Just come to the desk and the librarian will be glad to help you fill out a form for them.
- You may also need to piece together your information by looking at event planning books but checking the Table of Contents or Index (in the back) for ethics. If so, be sure to check the context of the book. What does that paragraph say about event management and ethics? What about that section or chapter? How does it fit with what the author is saying? Be sure not to take anything out of context.
I hope that helps. If not, please give us a ring at 281-649-3180 or check for the green Online Chat box. Green means we're online and ready to help! Good luck!