Answered By: Kristin Fance
Last Updated: Jun 14, 2016     Views: 9

The hard part is trying to come up with good synonyms for "wrongfully convicted". As you search through your results, pay attention to the subject headings. You will see things like "exonerated", "judicial error" but you may see other terms like "unjustly convicted" in the actual full text results. I think you will get better results using "exonerated." I also suggest a specific psychology database such as PsycArticles. HBU OneSearch searches some but not all of our databases. You can also try ProQuest Social Sciences and use the advanced search to search exonerated AND counseling AND Black. That will get a nice string of results. I also suggest using the other synonyms, for example, African American in the place of Black.