Answered By: Dean Riley
Last Updated: Jun 13, 2016     Views: 166

Registration Process:

See your advisor(s)

  • Meet with your primary advisor and your second major advisor, if you have one.
    For questions regarding your advisor(s), see the Office of Academic Advising.
  • A Course Selection Worksheet (refer to the 'forms' link to print the form, or obtain a copy of the form from your Advisor, or pick up a copy of the form from the Office of the Registrar.) You are encouraged to use this form to assist in organizing the course(s) you wish to enroll in. Select courses and record the CRN (course reference number) for each course.
  • Upon completion of the meeting with your Advisor, and obtaining your registration PIN number, you may register on the appropriate date.


  1. Check HuskyNet Secured Site for the latest registration dates and to complete your registration. You will need an upper case H in the front.
  2. Enter your PIN.
  3. Answer the questions that follow.
  4. Click on Student/Financial Aid Tab.
  5. Click Registration.
  6. Acknowledge.
  7. Click Register Add/Drop.
  8. Select Term.
  9. Enter Alternate PIN (six digit PIN that shold be on the Advising Worksheet).
  10. Click Register Add/Drop
  11. Search for your class.
  12. Submit selections.
  13. Print Detailed Class Schedule & Registration Fee Assessment.


Please feel free to email our office if you have any questions regarding the registration or add/drop process.

Student Responsibility

Students are responsible for maintaining an accurate registration record with the Office of the Registrar. Students may view their schedules for accuracy at any time through HuskyNet and should contact the Office of the Registrar if there are any discrepancies.


A 'hold' on a student's record prevents some type of action from taking place (registration, release of a transcript, etc.). If a student has a hold that prevents registration, it will be displayed on the student's registration status page in the HuskyNet student system. Until the hold is released, the student will be prevented from adding and dropping classes.

Students who have registration holds should contact the appropriate administrative office such as Financial Services, Office of the Registrar, International Student, or the Library (281-649-3304) about your situation.
Note: All administrative holds can be seen on the 'View Your Holds' link (on HuskyNet).

Special Registration Requests

Some course statuses have special registration requirements that may necessitate a visit to the Office of the Registrar.
Registation requests that require an instructor's and/or departmental dean's signature, for example:
  • Closed Courses – courses that are closed because they are full
  • Special Courses – courses that, as policy, require you to receive permission prior to registration
  • Pass/Fail Courses – course you wish to designate as Pass/Fail
  • Audited courses
  • Time Conflicts
  • Add/Drop (after specified time period) 

Print the Add/Drop Form and return the completed form to the Office of the Registrar for processing.