Answered By: Dean Riley Last Updated: Jun 15, 2016 Views: 27
The library still has some periodicals that use microfiche. The best way to tell is to use the library catalog (http://libcat.hbu.edu). If you read the bibliographic record for a periodical, you will see a listing about it. It may be on a database but sometimes, some issues farther back in time are on microfiche.
- One microfiche reader at the top of the main stairs by the front door.
- Power switch is black switch on the right side.
- Pull the glass tray out and place the fiche UPSIDE DOWN.
- If you bend your head, you will see a gray and a blue wheel. The blue wheel zooms while the gray wheel focuses.
- There is a silver bar pointing toward you which has a missing handle. If you spin that bar, you can rotate the picture and re-orient it right-side up.
- The black box on the screen represents the printing area.
- Press the green button to print. There is no charge for prints.