Answered By: Dean Riley Last Updated: Jun 15, 2016 Views: 321
That depends. The university administration changed the access policies effective beginning in the Fall Semester of 2014.
Moody Library serves the research, teaching, and scholarly activities of Houston Baptist University students, faculty, and staff. In order to maximize the availability of study space and library materials for these primary users, the following is the access policy of Moody Library:
- HBU students, faculty, and staff must present a current HBU ID to enter the library.
- HBU alumni must present an HBU alumni card or a card issued by the library or other proof of graduation for entrance.
- Family members of HBU students, faculty, or staff may be admitted to the library only when accompanied by an HBU student, faculty, or staff ID holder. Spouses of HBU faculty or staff members may apply for a spouse card, which will give them access to the building.
- Other categories of scholarly researchers or visiting researchers may be admitted on a case-by-case basis as approved by the Library Director or the Librarian in charge. Please call the library in advance at 281-649-3304 and we will work out the details with you.
- Holders of valid TexShare cards from Texas academic or public libraries must present a current TexShare card for entrance and are allowed to checkout up to four items.
- No TexShare card holders are allowed entrance into Moody Library after 8 p.m. (Sunday-Thursday).
- Children under 16 are allowed in the Library only if accompanied by an HBU student, faculty, or staff member at all times. TexShare patrons are not allowed to bring children into the library.
- The Library reserves the right to refuse to grant access or borrowing privileges to any person who fails to observe Library policies and regulations.