Answered By: Dean Riley Last Updated: Jun 15, 2016 Views: 298
We're glad you are interested in working here! Here's how the process works:
- Sign up for work (not just here in the library but for any student work program on campus) on Hire-A-Husky.
- Click the Hire_A_Husky Guide link below and follow the instructions to sign up.
- Check their web site for job availabilities on campus. You may also stop by the Circulation Desk and leave you contact information with the Circulation Director.
- Review the library job description on file.
- We will confirm your eligibility for work-study with the Financial office. When confirmed, we will receive an authorization form which you will need to get from the library. You need to return it to the Human Resources office. When you drop it off, we recommend filling out the employment forms while you are there (such as direct deposit, etc.).
This will be similar to any student work on campus but there may be some departmental variation with #3. You will receive training after you are hired. Remember, library work looks easy but it is harder than you think. People think you can sit around all day and just answer questions, checkout books, and then study. No, this is a real job. You must be able to pay attention to details (e.g., shelf-reading and re-shelving books).
You can also login to Husky Sync (see below) and click "Career" at the bottom of the left-side navigation list to keep up with other job opportunities as well.