Answered By: Dean Riley Last Updated: Jun 13, 2016 Views: 301
First, this answer covers HBU Moody Library databases. If you are having difficulty with the HBU Portal, HuskyNet or Blackboard, some of this below can help but probably not completely. You may need to submit a ticket to the HBU Helpdesk or call them at 281-649-3410.
If you are new to HBU, try the following steps and contact us if you continue to have difficulty. We may need to coordinate things with our IT Department. Also, be sure to go register on LetMeIn.hbu.edu. Friendly advice: be sure to add a secondary email address in case you ever get locked out of your account.
- Have you been able to successfully login to the HBU portal? I ask because our databases accept the same ID and password. (http://my.hbu.edu) This is different than HuskyNet, which covers your financial aid, schedule, registration, etc.
- If you are successful, then go to the library home page and click "Find articles with databases." You will get a login screen (when off-campus). Login in with your HBU portal ID and password.
- Try changing browsers. If you only have one, download Chrome or Firefox instead.
- If you are not successful, you will need to first try what is called "clearing the cache" or the temporary files used to try to speed up your web searching on your device. The location will vary by browser.
- Try clearing the cookies.