Answered By: Dean Riley
Last Updated: Jan 02, 2017     Views: 30


Thank you for your question. All Music majors and minors are required to audition for entry to the School of Music. After the audition, you will be contacted to let you know if you are admitted to the music program and, if admitted, your placement in Music Theory classes. In addition, at this time, the Music Department can offer music scholarships to qualified students. Auditions are held throughout the year for admitted students. You can see the audition dates and sign up for an audition on the music audition webpage.

Your dual credit from Lone Star College may help reduce the cost of attending HBU by receiving credit for courses taken. You must get a "C" or better in the class to be given credit. Please see our Transfer Course Equivalency sheet to see which courses from Texas community colleges are equivalent to HBU courses. If you took AP Spanish in high school and earned a 3 or higher on the AP exam, you will be awarded credit at HBU. Please see the "Credit by Examination" section of our HBU Catalog to see what credit you can earn by having AP exam scores sent to HBU.

Thank you and let us know if you have additional questions!

HBU Admissions

Contact Us